CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day 2


Dear Journal
War is different for everyone in it. For Captain Mendoza it is something that he is doing because he believes in a better country for everyone and he believes by winning the war he can do some good in the world. For Juan he does it because he wants to. He enlisted directly into becoming a soldier because he loves his country and because he just likes killing people. I am doing it because it has been forced upon me. They had a choice, I did not. Juan could have just stayed in school until the war finished but he decided to quit school to come fight in a hopeless war. I have had all this forced upon me. I had to learn how to survive and to kill yesterday. And all this has come without a choice. I do not even see the point of this war. Things will always be the same here in Central America. There will always be some loyalists some rebels claiming they want freedom and a better future. And there will always be people like me caught in the middle not completely understanding the point of the fight but still having to fight for one of the sides because if you choose one side then you have one enemy. But if you choose neither side then you have two enemies. Nothing ever changes even if there is a different government. So even if we win this forty-third war we will still be in the same position. The rich guys will still be rich, the soldiers will still be fighting, and the poor will remain poor. This is why I believe this war is pointless.

0 comments: